Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Say Goodbye to Elder Bennion

We love Elder Bennion and Elder Moss! This pic was taken last night. Our missionaries stop in often to care for us. This was Elder Bennion's last night in this area, he was getting transferred today to New Mexico! I thank him soo much for taking the time to teach and play with our family! They make me proud. They share precious messages that encourages us to be a better family and individual family members using the gospel of forgiveness, promises and loving reprimand, as Heavenly Father would also teach the children he loves that way. I do that with my children and I expect that if they are true messengers of God, that is a sacred way to raise children to not be spoiled brats. The gospel keeps me in check because I definitely don't want to be a spoiled brat in doing whatever I want to because I want to. If I do, I am so grateful for the sacrament and the chance I have to say "I'm sorry from my heart" for failing to be respectful to myself and those I love, especially my Heavenly Family. Our missionaries have taken the time to care especially for our son Geoff. Anyone who takes the time to care for our family in Utah or Arizona has my prayers and love. Even tho' Geoff or Tom are not members they show they care for our family and themselves by taking time to welcome these missionaries and would stop whatever they are doing and sit with them to hear their messages of hope. The missionaries sometimes put it out there and ask us to do certain things we are not used to (brave souls) but instead of coming off as the 'know it alls', they truly come off as caring young men who were taught to care for others. They also felt the mercy of a Heavenly Father who gives the promise of forgiveness of sins and promises of true happiness and peace if one asks in humbleness for that. This family sure could use a little more peace of mind for sure, who couldn't?! They said something last night that really spoke to me. Elder Bennion said, "Why wouldn't you want the promises Heavenly Father has for your family?"... You will be missed Elder Bennion!


No comments: