Friday, January 23, 2009

Thanksgiving at the Cafeteria!

I am backing tracking just a bit as you can see. Noting this on our blog is worth the typing for sure. For Thanksgiving 2008 we got to do a first. We ate Thanksgiving dinner (Lani, Stephen, Amara, Lily, Uncle Geoffy, Tom and I) at my work Cafeteria. How memorable is that?! Well, I think everyone should try this at least once in their lifetime. It was memorable becuz we ate our thanksgiving dinner on take out styrofoam plates where we had to go in the kitchen of the cafeteria to pick it up~ andddd we ate our dinner as a family pretty much with us having the whole cafeteria to ourselves! It was a company cafeteria that offered that day to fix a free meal to families who worked there. The company was of course the best and the meal was super delicious and we didn't need to worry about fixing OR CLEANING a thanksgiving meal. Very relaxing, too.

Because we didn't eat with all our children at Thanksgiving and this was our first Thanksgiving here in Utah with all our kids, we chose to 'extend' our Thanksgiving celebration with a sleepover from our loving kids and our cutie grandbabies! Ohhh my gosh, it was just as memorable as our Thanksgiving but even more! We somehow pulled off a Thanksgiving dinner with Micah making this delicious turkey (worth the wait for sure, I think he winged it but not sure) and everyone came in with everything else yum!! I was so full and so was my heart! We had sick grandbabies poor thangs. It reminded me of when the kids were babies themselves! I actually missed that! I probably wouldn't have said that when I was going through the sleepless nights and exhausting days with worry but I had a great husband to share those moments with, so it could've been worst! I truly can't believe I missed having sick babies now that I am a grandma! My heart really felt for their parents as well. I remembered what they were going through as I watched them take care of their own babies. I love my children!! They are the best! It was sad to see my children go back to Orem/Provo when they had to go home. BUT I am glad to know they are just 2 hours away and not12! phew! We are so happy to be near them, all the sacrificing to move was worth every memory! I'm already missing all of them. Even Lani and her family and they just live next door~! I love you Jakes, April, Spencer, Joe, Missy, Malia, Jarom, Micah, Mandy, Jaxon, Lani, Steve, Amara, Lily and Geoffrey!! May you always know that! I am also grateful for my husband who cares and loves them, too! Who wants to become a better stepdad and grandpa by moving closer. I appreciate his efforts!

No comments: