Friday, January 23, 2009

2009 is HERE!

The question then becomes "Where did I go?". I must admit if Jacob can write in his blog more then me, that's just wrong! But he inspired me to write more often. I couldn't get Jacob to write in his journal when he was young and here he is pushing through and writing in his blog often. Others family members who go online also inspire me to become better at this. I was really hoping I could find my camera cord to download pics to this blog becuz so much has happen since my last blog and pictures say a lot (and saves me from typing so much). But Jakes has almost no pictures in his blog so shame on me and no excuses here.

Where did I go? Well, since the last time I wrote we have moved from Tucson, Arizona to Roosevelt, Utah. We sold our home in 2 1/2 months and found ourselves camping out at Stephen and Lani's front room for a month while we looked for jobs. We tried to buy the groceries for the time we were there but nothing could compensate for that sacrifice they gave in letting us live there for a time. They even gave up a closet (precious storage space for a small apt.) to us. The food prepared was as wonderful as the cook! Geoff always had a compliment for Lani on the food and we loved it, too! It was so memorable to wake up to our grandchildren every morning, bouncing on our air mattress. ( I wish I could have that every morning with ALL my grandchildren). We were very blessed to find a 3 b 2 bath apt. in Lani's backyard for $650! It's awesome being close to our children. Other apts. in the area seemed more then that if not twice the price. The move was great as we had ALL our children and grandchildren with us to help move us into our home from the storage we are renting. After the move, we were able to find a smaller storage shed. Thanks kids for making the effort to help us!!! It definitely was a great help and they were our first guest in our home, too since we moved!

No comments: